So, what are we doing at Illuminate? I’m glad you asked. I don’t want to reveal all theÂ surprises, but I can give you a pretty good idea of what is going to happen.
OriginallyÂ when we started planning the conference we were going to have Craig talk for three sessions and that was pretty much it. Don’t get me wrong, Craig can easily carry the conference all by himself and people would walk away more than satisfied. However, I dont’ want Illuminate to just be about the speakers. I want people to interact and have opportunities to ask questions, meet others and add to the conversations. I knew the only way we’d be able to do that is to add opportunities for this through breakouts. So, here’s how the day is going to look.
- 8:00 Doors Open and Registration
- 9:00 Conference begins with short worship set by one of Gateway’s worship bands (Austin is known as the live music capital of the world and our bands reflect what our city is known for)
- 9:30 Session 1 with Criag Jutila
- 11:00 Breakout
- 12:15 Lunchout
- 1:30 Session 2 with Craig Jutila
- 3:15 Illuminate ends
- Endurance: Â Sam Luce â€“ Creating a healthy rhythm of balancing life and ministry.
- Family Impact: Â Jonathan Cliff â€“ Expanding your influence into the home.
- Lingo: Â Michael Chanley â€“ Creatively communicating to kids.
- Elementary: Â Sam Luce â€“ Interactive breakout experience for elementary volunteers.
- Early Childhood: Â Jonathan Cliff â€“ Interactive breakout experience for Early Childhood volunteers.
- Staff: Â Michael Chanley â€“ Interactive breakout experience for Childrenâ€™s Ministry staff
Lunch will be provided by Chipotle, covered by registration which I think is a nice touch if I say so myself.
Doesn’t this make you want to come? Well, you can. If you’re close, just drive in for the day. If you’re further away, we’ve got some great rates on local hotels. I’d let you stay at my house, but I’ve already got Sam, Jonathan and Michael staying in all the extra beds/couches. 🙂
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!