I’m almost overwhelmed by the number of resources for kid’s ministry worship these days. Well, maybe it’s not overwhelming, but compared to where we were 10 years ago, the difference is night and day. Many kid’s church environments out there have live bands or utilize presentation software with all the bells and whistles. However, the majority don’t. The majority of kid’s church environments have a TV and a DVD player, so it’s up to volunteers and staff to figure out how to get quality worship on DVDs… and if they do, there’s still that awkward pausing and skipping from song to song to match the song order planned for that day.
This is why I love the newest product out from God’s Kids Worship. I’m a little behind getting the word out, but it’s not too late for you to take advantage of this amazing resource. It’s called Next Worship. It’s a year of worship on DVD format that makes worship simple for the small and large church alike.
Here’s what you get:
You buy a season at a time. The people at God’s Kids Worship sent me the Fall pack. It comes in an attractive, slim-line DVD folder with three discs, one for September, October and November. Each DVD contains a dozen songs organized by slow, medium and fast songs. They automatically give you four playlists, so you if your biggest concern is just keeping the worship mix fresh, just choose a different worship list for each week. Just hit play and it will play through all 3 songs. Beautiful.
Every song comes with large words and very high quality motion graphics. All the songs are sung by kids, so you know the vocal range is appropriate for kids. In addition, you’ll get a screen background for each DVD as well as fast and slow countdowns. This means you can have a high-energy countdown leading up to the start of service and perhaps a calm countdown which signifies the end of a small group discussion time.
Here’s the best part. Sure, the set says “Fall” and the DVD says “November,” but that doesn’t mean you can’t use the mix a different times of the year… even though GKW has developed an entire year of worship for your convenience. This is a great deal right at $60. It may be a bit of a stretch for the smallest of churches, but you should be able to get a lot of mileage out of this resource.
I’ll end with the bonus. I’ve said this before, but this is what I love most about God’s Kids Worship. The do this stuff right and think of the things we need. From their site, they offer the following:
- Demonstration Videos for all your volunteers. No more ripping videos off DVDs, uploading to youtube or vimeo (which technically isn’t legal) so your volunteers can learn the songs. GKW made a simple and legal way to help your volunteers.
- Ability to purchase and download MP3s directly from their website
- Options to download lyric sheets from their website for free
- Ability to purchase and download individual videos from their website in multiple video file types
- Ability to purchase a license for making rehearsal copies. Let’s say you’ve got a worship team and you want to give everyone on the team a CD with the songs you’re going to be using this month. Technically, it’s illegal to just make copies of the songs and give them out. GKW provides licenses for you to make copies and give them away. Some still may choose not to do this, but at least they provide a simple way to do things legal.
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!