So, I’m doing a little mash-up. It’s Orange Week and it’s also a week that a lot of people are promoting imakidmin as a location-based collaboration tool.
If you don’t know what imakidmin is, go check it out now. Click here.
I also wrote about it and the potential that it has right here.
So, here’s the Orange Week – imakidmin mash-up comes in.
What if you could look at the map of your state or maybe your region of the country and see who else is thinking Orange. I’m not talking about who is using 252 Basics, XP3 or My First Look, but people who are bought into the Orange strategy. Maybe you don’t have a blog, but you’d like to take someone to coffee who thinks they way you do. What if there was someone pushing through the Orange Strategy just the same way you are, but you didn’t know that they live right down your street. That would be cool, wouldn’t it?
Well, with imakidmin, this very thing is very possible.
So here is what I’m proposing. If you haven’t already gone to the site and created a pixel where you live, go ahead and do that now. If you’re not sure how to do that, I’ve embedded a video below that walks you through it. However, I’m going to ask you to do something more. Claim another pixel right next to your other one letting us know that you’re Orange. It’s easy, just follow these steps:
- Right click on the orange block on this post and download it to your desktop.
- Go to imakidmin.com and claim another pixel near your original.
- When asked to upload a graphic, use this orange block.
- When asked to put in your URL or email, know that you have to use something different than what you’ve already used (if you already have a pixel). Just use your work email, personal email or something else. For the URL, use your facebook URL, your church URL or maybe even your church’s webpage or a secondary page on your church’s site.
- Once you enter all of that, you’re done! It takes the site a little while for the site to show your pixel, but it will pop up.
If everyone gives this a shot, we’ll start to see Orange pop up all over the map, making it easier to think Orange and know who we can talk with locally about Orange related issues.
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!