A couple of years ago, a signed up for a month-long fitness bootcamp program. At the very begining of the program, they weighed me and measured my body/mass index. I attended a 45-minute workout 3-4 times a week for a month and they recorded the results. I lost 20 pounds in fat and gained 10 pounds in muscle (a 10 pound shift on the scale) in just 30 days.
Those kinds of results aren’t really that unique. You literally commit to showing up and just doing what they tell you to do for 45 minutes, 3-4 times a week. If you do those things, you’ll lose weight and build muscle. The same is true for those who join the military. You show up for bootcamp and for 6 weeks, you do what they tell you every day. At the end of bootcamp, you emerge from the experience as a soldier. It’s a proven model.
Most of the time, human beings just need a system. We tend to overthink things, get distracted, or lose focus in the midst of a goal. People often just need something where they can simply show up, follow a set of instructions, and let the process do its work.
I’d like to reveal an area where you/your ministry needs such a program.
YOUR VOLUNTEER ROSTER
If you’re like most ministries right now:
- You have fewer volunteers than you’ve had in years
- You have less consistency than you’ve had in years
- You have volunteers who have completely disappeared
Yes, a worldwide pandemic turned EVERYTHING upside down – so it’s not exactly your fault. However, you probably feel a certain amount of anxiety about your current volunteer situation. Join the club.
However, it’s time to get your rosters in shape. As families begin making their way back to your church, you need to have your teams ready to receive everyone as they’re ready. You need to do some major recruiting!
Don’t do it alone.
Don’t re-invent the wheel.
Consider Volunteer Boost from Ministry Boost.
Volunteer Boost is a 28-day volunteer recruiting challenge. Over the course of 28-days, you will be given daily assignments that will help you get your ministry in shape. Volunteer Boost will help you:
- Set realistic volunteer recruiting goals
- Establish measurements that will help you reach your goals
- Give you dozens of creative ideas on where to find great volunteer prospects
- Organize your schedule to maximize your recruiting efforts
- Provide you with text and communication scripts to make the right asks
- Offer a context to maximize far more people in your process than just you and your team
2020 is over. In this new year, let’s start things right by building the most valuable asset in your ministry, your volunteer team. It won’t be easy. However, if you show up and do the recommended homework, you’ll grow your team.
For more information and to sign up for Volunteer Boost, CLICK HERE!
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!