- I was in absolute wonder and awe of the sheer size of this event.
- I threw up in my mouth just a little bit thinking about putting on and event of this size
JUMP is a week-long VBS/Day Camp hybrid held at St. Louis Family Church. Over the years it has grown from a small outreach to an event of epic proportions. This year 3,243 participated. Here’s some of what it took to pull JUMP off:
- 987 volunteers (Thank you all!)
- 158 watermelons
- 485 gallons of Gatorade
- 5,700 bags of cotton candy
- 260 pounds and 8,350 bags of popcorn
- 6,928 pounds of ice
- 167 gallons of syrup
- 18,200 sno-cones
Amazing, huh? What spoke to me the most about this is that at Children’s Pastors, we have to constantly be creative and just because we don’t have a resource or staff or facility doesn’t mean God can’t do something utterly amazing through your ministry and church. JUMP is pretty impressive, but it’s a day camp held in the church parking lot. Chances are you have one of those, so what’s stopping you from thinking outside of the box and doing something amazing?
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!