I experienced something not to terribly long ago. I came across some pretty incredible talent. Actually, it was down right amazing. It was the kind of talent that when you see it, your mouth drops open. Wow. Then I experienced something that felt like I was punched in the gut. This talented person has not been able to use the talent they had been given.
Actually, this kind of thing happens all the time. Sometimes people above you don’t see the talent. Sometimes there isn’t an opportunity. That’s just the way of life.
Some of this is based on assumption, but what I understand about this situation is that this talented person’s gifts were known. But either because of pride or control, the talents were suppressed. That may be a little harsh. Maybe that wasn’t the case, but that is how it appeared.
Regardless, this is what I’ve unpacked:
- Lord, allow me to recognize gifts and talents of those serving with me
- Lord, never let my pride get in the way of letting someone else SHINE
- Lord, let me see my limitations and not be afraid to surround myself with others who are BETTER than me
That’s about it.
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!