One of the most useful apps I’ve encountered lately has been the new Cash App from the makers of square. You know square, the people who made it super easy to take credit card payments over your iPhone or iPad. They’ve changed the landscape for small businesses, regular people who need to take credit card as payment as well as church bookstores or walk-up registration situations.
Their new app “cash” has made digital payment among people you know easier than ever. I’m like a lot of people now days, I just don’t carry much cash on me… and I usually only write checks a few times a year. It’s nice to have extra payment options as it’s not always convenient to have to run to the bank to pay a friend back.
Here’s how cash works:
- Download the app
- Type in how much money you plan to send or need to request
- The app opens a pre-typed email that can be customized
- Address the email to who you want to send or request money from/to
- Securely type in your debit card number
The receipt will receive an email from you with either your payment or cash request. They simply securely type in their debit card number. Once entered, the money is transferred directly from your account to theirs (or vice versa) within minutes.
How could you use this?
- Send some extra cash to loved ones to help out or just because
- Buy the movie tickets for you and your friends and send a request for cash from each of your friends for immediate pay back
- Stop trying to figure out what everyone owes at the dinner table, just pay the check and figure out what everyone owes you and send a cash request
Really, this is one of the coolest apps I’ve seen in a while. It’s immediate and there are no fees.
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!