A few weeks ago I got to see an advanced screening of Blue Like Jazz. It was a wonderful movie and I was inspired to do whatever I could to support the film. I certainly want to see more movies like this go to the box office. Movies that tell great stories that point to authentic Christianity. The best way you can support a film is to go see it on opening night. How a movie does on opening night may determine its future at the box office.It will determine if the movie will open in more theaters the next week or if it will begin shutting down to even less theaters.
So, I decided to do my part in supporting BLJ and I organized a group outing. I’m taking almost 30 of my student ministry volunteers and high school students who play in our student band to go see it.
So, here are some ways that you can support Blue Like Jazz:
- If you don’t have any plans tonight, go see BLJ. Take a date, a friend or organize a small group of people to see it with.
- If you do have plans tonight, go see it tomorrow night. It’s not as good as opening night, but it still helps.
- If you’re booked all weekend but you really want to help the film, buy someone else tickets. Send that young couple you know out on a date.
- Don’t know anyone to send to the movie. Just buy the tickets and do whatever else you were going to do. I know, it seems wasteful, but it supports the film.
- Even if the film isn’t showing anywhere near you, just buy tickets in any random city you want. Isn’t that fun?
I saw that Kelly Dolan posted on his wife’s (Amy Dolan) blog today about why they’re going to see the movie tonight as well. The good news here in Austin is that I was planning to take everyone to the 7:30 showing, but it was sold out… so we’re going to the 10:00 show. I hope they sell out everywhere!
NOTICE: In case you were not aware, BLJ is not a “family friendly” film. Just because it is Christian in nature doesn’t mean it’s safe for the family. I just didn’t want anyone going based on my recommendation and accidentally exposing their kids to inappropriate content.
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
Probably I will be going for this movie as I am really interesting to watch this type of movie with my loving ones. Please comment anybody when watched the this movie.
I missed the opening night. But I bought some tickets for a 7.30 show. But I’m not sure whether I would be able to go or not.