Well, tomorrow is a historic day for the United States of America as Barak Obama becomes President of the United States.
However, today is the end of the eight year presidency of George W. Bush. I figured that since this is his last day, I’d honor him.
Thank you Mr. President for your leadership and service to the United States.
To be honest, I don’t stay as up-to date in politics to win any arguments for or against this man. There is no doubt that being the president is an incredibly difficult job. Not a job I’d be eager to have. The President has made plenty of mistakes. However, he’s done a lot of good as well. We could sit around and talk about all the things that could have been if different decisions had been made, but we’d be wasting our breath.
- I’m thankful he was my president during the 9/11 attacks.
- I’m thankful for some of the court appointments he made during his tenure.
- Although it may have been unpopular, I’m thankful he carried through with decisions and didn’t waver based on public opinion.
I came across this site yesterday as a tribute to President Bush. Here is another great article reflecting on his tenure. There were many great things this man did that I didn’t know about.
So, farewell Mr. President. I’m not exactly sure how history remember will remember you, but I thank you for leading this nation through a dynamic time in our nation’s history. Take it easy and try to get a little rest. 🙂
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!