Okay, I need a little help from some fellow tech geeks. I have a 6 year old Dell laser printer which has been a fantastic little printer. I was using a wireless printer server for about 3 years until it crashed and burned a few months ago. I could never get my mac to print wirelessly, so I always had to email stuff to the PC and print from there. I’ve been setting aside some cash and I think I have enough now to get what I want. So, here is what I’m looking for and I’m hoping that someone can tell me what I could get.
- The printer needs to be a simple B & W laser. Color doesn’t matter to me and I don’t want to pay the premium on ink. I’m not interested in those three in one printers… just a simple B & W laser.
- It has to be mac compatible. I guess that if it’s a wireless printer, it’s easier for a mac to talk to it, but I just would prefer to have something that’s simple and doesn’t require me to hire an IT guy to set up the printer. So, mac compatibility is essential.
- It needs to have the AirPrint option. I have iPhones and iPads galore in my house now and I want to print without having to use a computer.
So, that’s my situation and that’s all I’m asking for. Let me know some options and I’ll be forever grateful!
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
We use the Brother HL-2270DW at our house and it is great. Ink goes a long way and I am able to print wirelessly from my Mac. Though I am certainly no IT guy, I was able to set it up on my own. That said, I cannot say YES or NO on the AirPort option…
We have a brother in our office and it sets up easy for the two macs that are on it.