This is my last post about Brother Jim for a little while. Over the past several days I’ve shared all the amazing thing’s I’ve learned from him, especially this year. I made a few adjustments to my schedule and my budget in order to spend another year in mentoring with him because I don’t think I’m done yet.
So, I’m gong to throw out a suggestion here. This is my blog and I’m certainly entitled to expressing my opinion here, right? Well, here goes.
Not taking advantage of what Bother Jim has to offer could be the greatest mistake you’ll make as a Children’s Pastor. Brother Jim has been serving in the trenches longer than many children’s pastors have been alive. More than anyone else, he knows Children’s Ministry. He knows where it’s been and has a really great understanding of where it’s going. Unlike MANY Children’s Pastors serving as long as he has, he’s stays on the cutting edge of what’s current both socially and ministry wise. Although he’s a good ‘ol boy from Alabama, he can hold his own relationally with anyone from the senior adult to the elementary age kid too the post-modern college student. It’s really quite amazing.
But what you need from Brother Jim more than anything is his wisdom that only comes from years and years of experience. Children’s Pastors are notorious for re-inventing the wheel. I think there are very few people who work as hard and tirelessly as Chidlren’s Pastors, but some of that may be unnecessary. Take advantage of what Jim has to offer. It could be the best thing you do for your ministry.
- Like I said in a previous post, read his books. The other day I linked to a few of his newest books. Below I have links to two of his best selling (and most helpful) books. Get them and read them.
- Join theClub. It’s really not that expensive and you’ll have him speaking into your life every month on the things that are most important.
- Plan a trip to go visit him. He’s offering multiple one-day visits where he’ll teach you about recruiting, time management and structuring for growth. Maybe you can’t afford Infuse, this would be the next best thing.
- Make plans for Infuse. Jim’s not going to launch another Infuse until the fall and from this point on they’re probably just going to be 6 month experiences. However, there’s not better way to get to know him than through Infuse. You’ll have access to him life few others do. He’ll get to know you and challenge you in areas specific to your life and ministry.
Jim doesn’t push a philosophy or agenda. He’s just teaching strong leadership in ministry. Don’t miss out, lean into what Brother Jim has to offer. You’ll be glad you did.
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!