There are a number of resources that have helped me get to where I am today. Some of them are books, many of them are key relationships and a handful of them have been an event or conference. However, it is undeniable that the Orange Conference has had a significant impact on me as a leader and the ministry to families, students and kids at Gateway Church. The staff don’t go to a lot of conferences, but they all know that the NextGen team usually sends a group to Orange every year. It isn’t really questioned because the influence of Orange is being seen all year long in the way we impact the Next Generation.
I understand the hangups. I hear them ALL THE TIME.
- Listen, Orange isn’t just curriculum. If you’re opting out of Orange because you don’t use Orange curriculum, you’re missing the point.
- Orange isn’t just about “North Point Style” mega churches. If you’re opting out of Orange because you don’t feel like your church is “that kind of church,” you’re missing the point.
- Orange isn’t about a style or current trend. If you’re opting out of Orange because you’re church embraces tradition and the sacred, you’re missing the point.
Orange has helped me think about our strategy and approach. Orange has helped me think about the end – where we’re hoping to go with ministry to kids, students and families and figure out how to embrace a strategy where the Next Generation wins.
What Orange has helped me with most is in the area of relationships. I’ve met so many amazing people who are now on my favorites list on my phone. People who have come into town to help me with ministry roadblocks and people who have just been a friend to me through the challenges and difficulties of ministry.
Registration for the 2016 Orange Conference opens today. Do your ministry a favor. Sign up and come. Bring as many people with you as you can. Check out the video below to a sneak peak at how awesome these 3+ days in Atlanta will be.
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!