It was a great start for Orange Week. Sunday’s usually not the biggest day for blog reading, but it was a spectacular day for day one of Orange Week. In case you missed it, here’s the recap.
- I began the day with an introduction to what Orange really is with this post here.
- I followed immediately with a post laying out the first element of the Orange Strategy, which is Integrated Strategy.
- Dan Scott posted a two-parter on integrated strategy. In case you don’t know, Dan’s the Man when it comes to Orange. He’ll probably share later this week his specific involvement in the Orange “movement” but his church really “gets it.” He posted one post revealing his church’s 0-18, end in mind strategy. Brilliant. He followed up this amazing post with a second part explaining how his church’s family ministry is staffed, how they’re organized and how they meet. Good practical stuff.
- Kendra Golden wrote a thorough post about her role at Life Church and how they’re being more intentional about their strategy which is very cool. The material Life Church creates is published free for churches to use, so it’s certainly worth checking out.
- Matt McKee defined what Integrated Strategy was and used beautiful illustration using parking lot cones. Genius! Read it, you’ll never forget it.
- Jonathan Cliff wrote a great post describing his journey as a pastor at a church where he’s the only one bought in to the Orange strategy and he’s doing what he can and doing a great job. It’s a good post, but not his best. To read his best post, click here.
- Anthony Prince wrote another great post on integrated strategy. He talked about how the student ministry and children’s ministry had to figure out how to work together to cope with the economy. Really good thoughts.
- Sam Luce bragged about how he’s been doing Orange longer than Reggie Joiner. Just kidding. Sam’s got incredible insight. Where most of us have worked at several churches or with more student pastors than you can remember, Sam’s been a part of a church legacy where he’s been in his spot for more than ten years serving with just two different youth pastors that have shared an integrated strategy for YEARS.
- Gina McClain brings a little “car talk” in her perspective of Integrated Strategy.
- JC also tackles Integrated strategy by talking about the struggles of moving from student and children’s ministry approach to a family ministry approach.
Anthony Prince wins the reward (it’s an imaginary reward of course) for the coolest Orange graphic today. Sam, don’t be a hater becasue it’s a storm trooper.
I’m also giving away the DVD “Essence of Orange. You can still enter to win by noon-ish tomorrow. Click here for details.
One of my blogging friends will be giving away a great new Orange product tomorrow, so keep your eyes open. It’s something I know little about, but would love to get my hand on it.
Oh, last but not least. If all this talk about Orange has convinced you that you need to attend the Orange Conference this year, then click here to register.
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
The Orange cones illustration comes from The ReThink Group so they should get the credit but it is a great illustration. I’m glad I found it and could share.
.-= Matt McKee´s last blog ..#OrangeWeek Peeled: The Message =-.