Because I got out of order and messed up the bloggers, this recap will cover the two topics that were blogged today. It was another busy day with all kind of exciting posts. Personally, I’ve seen scores of reader and commenters engaged that I’ve not yet seen up to this point. The feedback I’m hearing is great and I’m so glad people are getting a good taste of Orange.
Reactivate the Family
- I start up this element of reactivating the family with the main though, the church has taken the parents God-given role and we’ve got to give it back. There’s a lot of “talk” about family ministry and incorporating the family, but unless we get parents motivated about actively engaging in their kids spiritual lives, we’re not getting anywhere.
- Kendra delivered an powerful post on Reactivating the Family from a very unique perspective of being a foster parents and working with the birth parents of the foster kids – a worthy read for sure!
- Matt McKee explore the definition of “reactivate the family” and shares his experience from his church. Like many others, he’s not satisfied with how they’ve engaged families (although he’s tried several methods) and he’s asked the question (specifically to other portable churches) how they’ve seen success in this aspect.
- Sam Luce is giving away a DVD resource called Exit Interview. You still have time to win, so do what he asks.
- Jonathan Cliff talks about his experience of reactivating the family through several changes he’s made at his church this year. My favorite part was where he talked about the inspiration for engaging families came from his role as a parent first.
- Sam writes a sobering post about what happens when we don’t reactivate the family. It’s one thing when the kids who walk away from faith is a statistic, but something entirely different when you can put names and faces to those stats.
- JC writes of several ways to put the responsibility the church has taken from parents back in their hands. Also, I must admit, I love the image that goes with this post. I don’t get it, but i love it. 🙂
- Dan Scott’s first post on reactivating family is about the various levels in which parents partner with our ministry. I so much appreciated his second post about doing a family experience (This is Dan’s specialty). What I loved so much is what he shared about the purpose beyond the family event. That is reactivating the family! Dan’s last post was a guest post from the middle school pastor at his church. Great post on engaging paretns of middle school kids!
- Gina writes a great post about reactivating the family, how it doesn’t have to be another event for you to administrate, but a way to encourage parents to do something different.
- I started off this element describing what it means to elevate community. Essentially, community is the best thing church has going for it, better than anything the world and culture has to offer.
- Anthony Prince write about elevating community at his church. An interesting tactic he embraces is by recruiting parents as small group leaders (not their own kid’s groups) so they’ll see the value of connecting with their child’s small group leader.
- At first I didn’t see where Nick Blevins was going with his post on elevating community. What he was doing though was stating a case that building a community for kids isn’t easy. Neither are most of the best things in life. Thanks Nick!
Sheesh, these recaps are taking me longer and longer. Thanks for participating everyone! There should be another great give away tomorrow as well as a few more announcements I have. Oh, and I’ve got a funny little contest where you can win some stuff signed by Reggie. I’ll tell you about that tomorrow!
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
I don’t really get the pic either. Reactivating the family = Family needs to be reactivated or awakened. Fat sleeping baby that needs to be woke up? Yeah I’m really stretching here…
Who doesn’t like a sleeping baby?
.-= J.C.´s last blog ..Reactivating the Family =-.