Sorry I’m a few day’s late on Wednesday’s recap. Between traveling back and forth to Dallas, attending the Orange Tour and then coming down with a nasty little stomach bug, I’m just now getting caught up again. So, let me catch us back up on the two Orange strategy elements being discussed on Wednesday
- Kendra offers a very interesting view into the importance of Christian community. Of all the Christian disciplines, it’s the one discipline that translates easily to a new believer. It’s how God designed us, to have community.
- Matt McKee’s giving away ten Family Times Packs.
- Matt McKee pulls a story off of ornageleadders.com to illustrate this point, a story Reggie tells about his daughters need for affirmation as well as a description of what elevate community looks like at Matt’s church.
- Sam Luce writes about two components: The bigger you grow, the more intentional about being small you have to be and the world cannot compete with community.
- Jonathan Cliff shares personal thoughts about elevating community. He realizes that although he’s so much in the center of their lives today, it won’t always be that way and he must begin to seek out who those additional voices must be that will speak into his kid’s lives.
- JC shares his story about a Sunday School leaders had the kind of influence on him that we desire our small group leaders to have with our kids.
- Dan Scott shares about the strategy of his church in regard to small groups in every stage of a child’s life. I like it!
- Gina McClain writes about elevate community from her experience. I really like how she talks about equipping small group leaders to partner with parents… something that isn’t always central to the small group strategy.
Reactivate the Family
- Anthony has some great ideas about how his church is organizing some simple events that better connect families.
- Nick Blevins writes a great post about all the opportunities his church provides to activate the family. They seem to have a lot of really great ways to connect parents with their kids.
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!