Yesterday I posted my big vision for Kidmin volunteers at Gateway. I think the vision for this came when I realized that we’ve been hovering at the same number of volunteers for the past six months. I wouldn’t say I was shocked,Â surprisedÂ or any other specific emotion. I just didn’t know. It seems that we do a great job of maintaining. We have approximately the same number of people volunteer as volunteers step out for whatever reason.
This simply means we need to be more intentional over the next 12 months in order to see significant growth. I figured that we’ll do two things.
- I’d like to have two big volunteer expos or volunteer drives where we make a big deal out of it and can recruit in big church, capturing a lot of those who don’t have kids or those who haven’t connected anywhere yet.
- I’d like to have some internal campaigns/competitions where we engage our volunteer base to recruit for us, getting them to think about replacing themselves.
This weekend we just finished a volunteer expo. It was a huge success. However, I’d love to do another one in the late spring, even one that was specifically for the Next Gen. These big pushes for volunteers will help us to get 70-80% toward our goal. Check in tomorrow and I’ll tell you what we did for this expo, and how we got 1/3 of the way toward our goal. 🙂
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!