This has really varied for me over the last 10 years.
- For a season, I would go to my local library for a few hours just about every day. It was perfectly quiet. Maybe too quiet.
- There was another season when I would work from the McDonalds near my house. They were open early and late.
- For the last 5-6 years, I’ve had an early morning routine at the local coffee shop where I’d crush my work agenda.
Rarely did I ever go to the office… to be productive. I went to the office to interact with the staff. I went to the office to have meetings. I went to the office to help other people do their job. However, if I needed to get something done, it took significantly more time to get it done if I was at the office.
Many years ago, I came across this TED talk with Jason Fried, where he talks about why the office is such a lousy place to get things done. Obviously, Covid-19 has changed our office/work experience. However, one day the world will be virus-free again and most people will drift back into the office. Check out this video.
So, where do you go to get things done? What is your FAVORITE place to work?
Join the Daily Dispatch!
If you're a kidmin content junky... submit your name and email and you will get the following:
• Daily updates from the blog
• Weekly blog summaries with exclusive content
• Access to amazing resources
ALL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
I never get good work done at work…
I’m a big fan of the local coffeehouse over by the University. It’s got tons of people absorbed in their studies, and works as a great location for me doing the same!